PORTMANOUVERS & OFFSHORE SKILLS
Theoretical and practical preparation for the exam.
Possibility to practice before charter or buying your own boat.
Course topics include:
- Computer based navigation
- Choosing the right device and chart for your trip
- How to read a Marine Chart
- GRIB and tide files evaluation
- Terrestrial navigation
- How to use a analog compass and paper charts
- Navigation by observation
- Understanding clouds, tides and currents (How these factors affect trip-planning)
- Short trip-planning exercise
- VHF Radio communication in case of emergancy
- Troubleshooting in case of technical failure
- Personal security and medical first aid at sea
The offer depends on where the boat is currently located.
Theoretical exercises are conducted in German or English.
Duration three to seven days with maximum two participants.
We do not offer a charter.
Please contact us for more informations.